Sunday 1 August 2010

1 August 2010 - Hadleigh, Essex & Didcot, Oxon

Toadflax Pug

Pebble Prominent

My other macro interest before heading for Essex was this carpet - could this be a Gallium Carpet? I guess the answer is going to be no, but....

I include the underwing snap as it was very different from the Common Carpet underwing that I let go.

I was then Essex-bound for Hadleigh Castle Country Park and the Southern Migrant Hawkers that arrived and were slowly disappearing. Thankfully they haven't all gone or been eaten with this chap showing well - just hanging around, waiting for the sun to come out.

This Emperor made very swift work of a Gatekeeper.
Many Scarce Emerald Damselflies in the ditches at this site.
Shaded Broad-bar
Wall Brown - my first one for a couple of years now. Always good to see.

Gatekeeper -still loads at this excellent site.
Six-spotted Burnet
Back in Oxfordshire, I resumed moth photography - nothing else new but these Uncertain Rustics still confuse...
Knot Grass - I like these

Broad-bordered Yellow Underwings - pair
Double-striped Pug
Garden Carpet - a well-marked individual
And last - and definately least - a micro...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Nice to see you copied me...on the other side of the Thames...but did better than me!

Ad